Now on to the turkey and the fixings. Left overs? Turkey meatloaf!
Depending on how much you have, chop 2-3 cups of turkey in a food processor…don’t pulverize it, just chop it. Add left over stuffing and a little melted butter—2-3 tablespoons. Form into a loaf pan and cover with foil. Bake on 325 for about 20-minutes until heated through. As soon as it comes out of the oven spread cranberry sauce on top. Voila!
If you are having house-guests you’ll want to have this handy and easy finger picking offering:
Ham & Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian style rolls – split in half (top and bottom)
- ¾ pound deli ham thinly sliced
- ½ pound Swiss cheese
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350.
Coat sheet pan with spray.
Place bottom of rolls on the pan.
Layer ham first and then cheese.
Place top of rolls over the cheese.
In a small bowl whisk the butter, mustard, dried onion, Worcestershire sauce.
Drizzle mixture over rolls.
Cover sandwiches with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Uncover and bake 3-5 more minutes until tops are lightly browned.
And of course Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without Patricia Dorph’ s apple-pie recipe.
Pastry for two 9 inch pastry pans:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups butter
- 2-3 tbs cold water
- Sift flour and salt together
- Add butter and cut it through with pastry blender until mixture is in pieces, pea size
- Add cold water a few drops at time until moistened enough to hold together in a ball
- Wrap in plastic and chill in fridge for 15-30 minutes
- Take more than half for the under crust and roll out and fit into 9” pie pan
- 5 cups, cored, peeled and thinly sliced Granny Green and Mackintosh
- Mix together and add to apples
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbs butter
- Place into pie pan
- Roll out top dough for crust and place on top
- Make 4 slashes in top crust
Bake 450 degrees for 15 mins. Turn heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 35 mins. Remove when golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!