Here’s a recipe for some great comfort food that won’t break the bank:
Chili Macaroni Bake
- 1 cup (8 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained (optional)
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (depending on how much you like cheese. For me, the cheesier the better.)
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink. Scoop out oil and discard if there’s too much from the beef.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain macaroni; stir into beef mixture.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Transfer mixture into greased 2-qt. baking dish.
Top with cheese.
Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes.
Easy-Peasy Bundt Cake – FROM A MIX but the Bundt Cake pan makes it look fancy 😊
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅛ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Make the batter following the directions on the box, EXCEPT replace 2 teaspoons water with an equal amount of vanilla.
Fold in sour cream.
Bake according to directions on the box. Be sure you grease the pan!
Cool on rack, place on serving plate, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.